(I consider this one a success because all three of my boys are in the same frame)
Being a mom has its ups and downs and joys and heartache, but being a mother of boys brings with it some special moments. Here are my top 10 ways you know you are a mother of boys.
10. Your boys have been through every "boy" phase in succession: cars/trucks/planes/trains, anything that goes, construction, pirates, legos, building blocks, cowboys and Indians, Police, Fireman, Knights, Star Wars.... And let's not forget the omnipresence of anything sport/ball related.
9. You know every knock knock joke in existence.
8. Your bathroom always smells faintly of pee. Even after cleaning it.
7. You couldn't put in pony tails if your life depended on it. In fact, it is a special occasion when your boys comb their hair.
6. You know that Season 8, Episode 2 of Diego is "Freddy the Fruit Bat Saves Halloween"
5. Wrestling is a daily event.
4. If someone dropped a litter of wolf cubs at your doorstep, your first thought would be, "I got this."
3. There is not a speck of pink to be found in your house.
2. Your boys manage to find every mud puddle, dirt pile, and pile of rocks in existence. (Last week when I asked my boys if they wanted to go to the aquarium, my three year old said he just wanted to dig in the dirt.)
1. The guy at the ER recognizes you when you walk in. "Hey, weren't you here last week?" Um, yes. Thanks for asking.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of boys out there!